Primary job responsibilities of an area sales manager would include:
- To recruit District Sales Manager in their assigned territories, and manage the sales through them.
- Managing, training and motivating existing as well as the newly recruited sales team to drive revenue growth.
- Develop and manage efficient distribution networks for sales.
- Develop efficient and creative sales and marketing strategies for the assigned territory and target setting for the sales team.
- Collecting customer and market feedback and reporting the same to the organization.
- Monitoring sales team performance, analyzing sales data, periodical forecasting and reporting to zonal heads
Competencies and Skills Required
Since team management and sales target achievement are the most important responsibilities of an area sales manager, we require the following abilities in an incumbent –
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet targets
- Problem solving skills
- Maintaining and increasing sales of the company.
- Reaching the targets and goals set for the designated area.
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding customer base.
- Servicing the needs of the existing customers.
- Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market.
- Setting sales targets for individual reps and the team as a whole.
- Recruiting and training sales staff.
- Allocating areas to sales representative.
- Developing sales strategies and setting targets.
- Monitoring your team’s performance and motivating them to reach targets.
- Compiling and analysing sales figures.
- Possibly dealing with some major customer accounts by yourself.
- Collecting customer feedback and market research.
- Reporting to senior manager.
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors
Must have minimum of 12-15 years of sales experience along with team organisation & handling capacity. Candidate having prior experience as ASM will be preferred.