· The SQL DBA is responsible for working with business analysts and business users to gather and interpret business requirements for multiple healthcare systems including large database / data warehouses. The successful candidate will create technical designs within the existing architecture and develop complex SQL query logic to accomplish the task.
· Provide input into the functional design of software components based on experience and product knowledge.
· Provides database administration and support to all application development databases.
· Writes quality database systems code, (database structures, triggers, stored procedures, queries, scripts, etc.), that is simple, reliable, scalable and reusable.
· Install, configure and maintain Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 and 2012 in Windows 2008 server environment.
· Manage the MS SQL Server Database Performance and database server configuration on timely base
· Query Tuning for optimal system performance.
· Ensure proper setting of system memory and system parameters in consultation with system administrators
· Create and maintain application databases with optimal data file and log file sizes
· Verification of ACID Property in detecting performance problems including analysis of SQL, Transact-SQL, OLEDB and ODBC connections.
· Provide continuous monitoring, troubleshooting, historical and real time performance monitoring of the MS SQL Server environments.
· Configure and Monitor backup and restore process for Production Databases Servers.
· Develop and maintain DBA scripts supporting the database function.
· periodically refresh development and test databases using copy of production system
· Participate in On Call weekly shift supporting off hours and weekend activity.
· Manage the setup of MS SQL Server databases at Business Continuity Center.
· Strong experience in performance tuning of applications and capacity planning.
· Master degree or relevant industry experience in lieu of a degree.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
· Good understanding of the Software development lifecycle
· Strong Experience in Automation scripts writing specific to SQL server DBA activity
· Working knowledge of supporting SQL SSIS and reporting package
· Basic knowledge of Business Intelligence, Structured and Unstructured data sets
· Ability to take initiative and work without supervision, Comfortable taking ownership for own work and Demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude
· Configure and manage the database systems as per security guidelines and industry best practices
· Able to organize self (and others if applicable) including effective scheduling, prioritization and time management skills, completing tasks to tight deadlines.